Simply Soup





A piping hot bowl of soup on a cold Winter's day? Yes Please!


I was inspired by some great produce deals at my local grocery store (and the weather of course) to make and freeze some batches of soup.  Not only do soups freeze well, but they are quick and easy to defrost in the microwave if you are in a hurry. A great meal in-and-of-itself, but also a fabulous accompaniment to any meal as a starter.


I have been scouring the Internet looking for interesting recipes, but also ones that my picky kids would at least try. I have to admit however that they have eaten a variety of "yucky" vegetables that they claim not to like - without even knowing it. Yay for the immersion blender and food processor :)


This weekend I am going to do 4 separate batches of soup. Potato Leek, Curried Sweet Potato, Cream of Broccoli and Butternut Squash. I purchased some inexpensive freezer containers at Wal-Mart: about a dozen for a couple dollars. Those I will use for individual portions, while others I will freeze in large zipper bags. I also have some Mason jars that are good to store in the fridge for a few days.


Here are the links to the recipes that I will be using. I have personally only tried one - The potato and leek soup. So the others are sort of an adventure. Click on the name of the soup to be re-directed to a recipe.















Comments

Elizabeth said…
Let us know how you get on with the new soup recipes. :)