Apple Jelly Marinade

This is a very versatile marinade and can be used for beef, pork or poultry, but I love the combination of apple and pork and so I created this recipe with that flavour profile in mind. I used fresh chives from my garden, and apple jelly that I canned and processed in the fall, after a trip with the boys to a local apple orchard. I hope you enjoy.

Apple Jelly Marinade

Ingredients:

1/2 cup apple jelly
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 bay leaves crushed
6-10 whole peppercorns (crushed with the back of a knife)
3 cloves of garlic minced
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp chopped chives
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp coarse salt

Directions:

Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well with a wire whisk to combine. Pour over your favourite cut of meat, and marinate for the desired length of time.

Comments