Parmesan Crusted Baked Zucchini Sticks

My girlfriend and I were at the local Farmer's Market in Oshawa about 2 weeks ago. I picked up a zucchini for 50 cents! It was HUGE!!! I used some for grilled veggie wraps, and the rest I cut up into "sticks" and I breaded and baked them. OMG!! They were SOOOOOO good. I made a lemon dill tzatziki for dipping and we gobbled them up!! Inspired from a recipe in the Fall edition of  the magazine 'What's Cooking' by Kraft. I didn't have shake and bake, so used what I had available.



Parmesan Crusted Baked Zucchini Sticks


Ingredients:

3 medium zucchini
1.5 cups bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 eggs (slightly beaten)
salt and cracked pepper to taste


Directions:


Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a baking sheet and set aside.

Cut zucchini crosswise in half, then quarter lengthwise. Add breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning into a large mixing bowl.

Dip zucchini sticks in egg, then in coating mixture, turning evenly until coated. Place in single layer on baking sheet.

Bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown and tender-crisp. Serve with ranch dressing or tzatziki.

Comments