What's New?

OK, OK.... So I haven't kept up with my "promise" to myself that I am going to get on and blog at least once a week, but a lot has been going on. I have started my spring cleaning and doing a lot around the house, and I have actually been baking quite a bit.

Thinking of investing in a bread maker come tax time.

Early February, my husband Mark had an accident on the snow tube while out tobogganing with the kiddos - he broke vertebrae in his back and is currently laid up and on pain medication for the next several weeks.

We had a great Valentine's Day. I made a nice Veal Parmesan for Mark and I. It was accompanied by roasted spaghetti squash "pasta", which was simply the innards of the squash scraped out to look like a bed of angel hair pasta. This is what I served underneath the star of the show, the veal.

I made a heavenly mocha mousse, with a hint of caramel Baileys, a cream liqueur.

Tonight, for no special reason, I felt like doing something fancy for my hubby. Gonna get my GRILL on!!

The menu, which I will break down for you and post in separate recipes - is as follows:

Grilled Beef Medallions, w/ a Shrimp Scampi sauce served over top. A quick and easy mushroom risotto, which tastes like it came out of a 5 star restaurant, and roasted carrots in a brown sugar glaze.

For dessert - Cherries in the Snow; a trifle of sorts, made with cream cheese and whipped cream, pound or angel food cake, and cherry pie filling. To die for!

Comments