Shrimp Scampi Sauce


This is my first attempt at this dish. So, I am posting the recipe before I have even tried it. I googled Scampi and it can be done in a variety of ways, and I was looking for a "sauce" so-to-speak, to serve over beef medallions, and so after reading a dozen or so recipes online; I combined bits and pieces of a few different ones, and added a couple of my own ingredients.

I can't see it NOT tasting good - sooooo, if I have any complaints, or things I would do different, next time around - I will make sure to let you know.


Shrimp Scampi Sauce

Ingredients:

1 small shallot, peeled and finely diced
3 large cloves of garlic, minced
3 tablespoons of olive oil
4 tablespoons salted butter
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon of basil (chiffonade)
1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated fine
dash or two of hot pepper sauce
salt and pepper to taste


Directions:

In a large skillet, saute shallot and garlic in olive oil until just fragrant. Add wine and lemon juice. Simmer to reduce slightly. Add butter and heat until melted.

Add shrimp and saute until pink - about 3 minutes. Stir in fresh basil, lemon zest and hot sauce.

Serve immediately over your favourite grilled cut of beef. I chose medallions, grilled medium rare.

Comments