Easy Creamy Mushroom Risotto


I really love risotto, but I don't have the time to stand over a pan constantly stirring for 40 plus minutes - and while I HAVE made traditional risotto, and it IS to-die-for, I thought I would share this simple recipe with you, which uses instant (yes I said instant) rice. I hope you enjoy.


Creamy Mushroom Risotto


Ingredients:

2 cups instant rice
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 small onion diced
1 clove garlic minced
2 + 1 tablespoons salted butter
2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms (assorted variety, brown, shitake, cremini, button, etc)
salt and pepper to taste


Directions:

In a large deep skillet, saute onions, garlic and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of melted butter for about 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent and mushrooms are soft.

Add instant rice, soup and milk and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover and reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 5 minutes.

Stir in remaining tablespoon of butter and Parmesan cheese. Let stand covered for 5 minutes.

Comments