Taco Lasagna

It has been quite a few weeks (months?) since my last update. I have been so preoccupied lately with the goings-on of my life, that I have had little time to sit down in front of the computer. Lately it has been Facebook status updates from my BlackBerry LOL.

So without further delay. Here is my recipe for the day. I am going to try to get back on here at least once or twice a week to keep it updated. I have a pile of recipe cards and new things to add, I just need the time to do it!


Taco Lasagna


Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained of fat.
2 cups shredded cheese (any variety will do, I used half mozzarella and half medium cheddar)
2 cups prepared salsa
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1 package Taco seasoning
6 - (10 inch) flour tortillas cut into strips (I do 3 equal strips per tortilla)


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 F

Brown the ground beef and drain off any excess fat. Add taco seasoning packet and prepare according to directions on package.

In the bottom of a greased casserole dish (square 9x9 or 8x8 size) layer 6 tortilla strips. (overlapping slightly if necessary) Next, spread a half cup of sour cream over the strips. Add a layer of salsa, followed by taco beef, and then cheese.

Repeat process 2 more times. I added a little extra cheese to the top. I put about half cup in each of the middle layers and then a full cup on top.

Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown on top.

Enjoy! You can serve with a salad if desired or some re-fried beans or fried rice.

Comments