Slow Cooker Challenge D10 - Herbed Steak and Mushrooms




So today is day 10 of the challenge and I must say that as much as I love my slow cooker; I think I will be happy to use my oven this weekend!! LOL Last nights meatloaf was a success and there was a little left over and my husband took it to work with him this morning.

This recipe makes it's own flavourful gravy and is perfect served over mashed potatoes, rice, or your favourite pasta. The pictures above are of assembly - not the finished product.

Enjoy!


Slow Cooker Herbed Steak and Mushrooms


Ingredients:

1 lb stewing beef, fat trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 medium onion, sliced
2 cups of fresh mushrooms, or 2 - 4 oz cans of sliced mushrooms drained
1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup beef stock
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp parsley (dried or fresh)
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp pepper
salt to taste


Directions:

Place sliced onions and mushrooms in the bottom of a 3-5 quart slow cooker. Place meat on top of vegetables. In a small bowl, combine soup, wine, broth and spices. Pour over meat and vegetable mixture. Cover and cook on lowest setting for 6 hours.

Comments