Slow Cooker Challenge D1 - Sloppy Joes

It has been a couple of days since I posted about my slow cooker challenge. Well today is actually day 3 of the challenge, but I have gotten behind on my posts - I was enjoying the weekend with my family :) I am trying to keep these recipes as simple and budget friendly.

Also, I wanted some recipes that were relatively easy to prepare ahead of time so that I could set the timer and go about my day without having to worry about dinner on the table come 5pm. Crucial when raising 2 kids, feeding a husband that eats like 2 grown men, and running a home daycare LOL!

So without further delay, I give to you:

Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes

Ingredients:

1 lb of ground beef
1.5 cups of ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
2 tablespoons Worcestershire
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons of chili powder
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 small onion diced
1 stalk celery diced

Directions:

In a skillet brown ground beef until no longer pink and drain off fat. Add to slow cooker with all of the remaining ingredients and mix well.

Set slow cooker to low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours. Serve on toasted buns.

Enjoy!

Comments