Meal Planning and the Slow Cooker Challenge

So lately, a lot of people have been asking me for recipes for the slow cooker. With the start of fall, it is the time of year where people are using the barbecue less and less, and looking for warm comfort foods on those chilly days.

Recently I have started menu planning for our family. In the few months that I have been charting our meals, we have saved a lot of time, and a lot of money. Going with a list of specific items cuts down on impulse buys and you are less tempted to just toss stuff into the cart. It also saves trips to the grocery store for odds and ends throughout the week. I have found that now I make only one mid-week grocery trip rather than the 3 or 4 I was making previously.

I generally make a list of 12 meals in a 2 week period. I usually always have leftovers a couple of times a week, and if you get to the end of the 14 days and you still have a meal left -- well then that's less to buy on the next trip!

I love my Crock Pot so much and so I decided to challenge myself to use it every day for a full 2 weeks! I have planned 12 meals and 2 desserts and I intend to make a full recipe post every day for the entire 2 weeks, so you can follow my progress.

**some of you may remember I had listed all of the meals, but I have sinced deleted them and opted for the element of surprise lol**

Comments