Short Rib Stew

I have a small owner-operated local grocery store that I frequent, they have a great selection of different meats all at very reasonable prices. I seen some packaged short ribs there and was wondering what I could do with them. I googled some recipes.... took a few different ones, added a few things from each and a few of my own ingredients, and came up with this slow cooker short rib stew. Enjoy.

1 lb beef short ribs, (bone-in)
5 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
2 cups whole baby carrots
1 can sliced or whole mushrooms (you could also use approx 1 cup of fresh)
1 large onion chopped
2 cups beef stock
1 can diced tomatoes (approx 2 cups)
1/4 cup brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste
2 bay leaves
1 tsp each garlic and onion powder
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup worchestershire sauce

Add all ingredients into crock pot. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours.

Comments