Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin

Last week at the grocery store I happened to notice pork tenderloin on sale. They usually come in cryovac packaging containing 1 lb of tenderloin in 2 half lb pieces. I cook them together as I feed a family of four, but you could certainly only use the one if you are cooking for just 2 people.

I kind of just came up with this recipe. I wouldn't even call it a recipe per-se, more like a "concoction" of ingredients I had on hand. For the stock - I had beef stock in the cupboard, so I used that. You could easily any type of stock or even water and I am sure it would taste just fine.

Oh and searing is a fancy word for browning. Because of the applied rub, you should only sear at a medium temperature because you dont want the spice mixture to burn. I slathered the meat in a little bit of oil before applying the rub.


Pork Tenderloin w/ Vegetables - In One Dish:

1 lb pork tenderloin (2 separate roasts or one large will do fine)
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 onion sliced
2 stalks celery chunked (1-2 inch pieces)
2 sweet potatoes cubed (1-2 inch pieces)
A handful of whole baby carrots (about 15 or so)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup stock

Rub:

1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste


Liberally cover roast with the "rub" mixture of ingredients.

Heat up a large skillet with the 2 tbsp of vegetable oil. Medium heat. Sear pork on all sides for about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Place in glass casserole or baking dish.

Surround meat with the vegetables and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the 2 tbsp of butter in small pieces around the veggies. Add stock.

Cook on 350 F (covered with aluminum foil) for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake an addional 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.

Serve with gravy - optional.

Comments