Bacon & Shrimp Spaghettini

So I had this BIG bag of shrimp, and after making a stir-fry... I was wondering how I coulp incorporate them into a pasta dish. I also had some bacon which I had wanted to use, and some fresh mushrooms. I was thinking a blush sauce, which is traditionally made with heavy cream, but I had cream cheese and sour cream on hand, so I went with that.

Enjoy.

Sauce:

1 jar of 4 cheese pasta sauce (700 ML)
1 10-12 oz package of fresh sliced mushrooms
1/4 package of bacon strips, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 of a large onion diced
2 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 tsp crushed dried basil
1/2 tsp hot red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste

In large (deep bottom) skillet, brown cut bacon pieces until almost crisp. When a tiny bit of fat remains, add onions, mushrooms and garlic and sautee in bacon grease until all are tender.

Add sauce, and seasonings, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add cream cheese and sour cream and stir until all is combined. Bring to simmer again and then cover and turn heat off.

Pasta and Shrimp:

1/4 (of a 900 gram) package of spaghettini noodles ( cooked according to package directions and drained.

2 cups of cooked shrimp (peeled and deveined tails off) *** If Shrimp is UNCOOKED increase cooking time to 10 minutes***

Add shrimp to sauce and stir. *my husband likes it when the sauce absorbs the noodles so I add the noodles directly to the sauce, you can, of course, ladle the sauce on top of the pasta and top with parmesan cheese or grated mozzerella*

Comments