Happy 2012 - Back into the swing of things!

Happy New Year!!



Woe is me! I have horribly neglected my blog over the past several weeks and I feel bad.

I have still been meal planning, however I have several weeks of recipes and menu plans that I had intended to upload, but it gives me a headache to think of all of the work that would be LOL!

So since it is a new year I will start fresh with my meal plans, with the first 2 week menu coming in the next 48 hours.

I have been busy in the kitchen over the holidays and throughout the month of December. Pictured you will see some of the goodies I served to my family and friends. Appetizers, cookies and desserts. Cakes, pies, squares - you name it, I made it. I had a turkey feast on New Years Eve, and I managed to make 16 litres of homemade turkey stock from the carcass.






Aside from the stock I froze 5 individual 1 pound freezer bags of chopped meat (dark and white) that I will use for meals later on. We had leftovers for the first 3 days of the month; toasted turkey melts, open faced sandwiches with gravy, turkey stew and dumplings.... Yummy.

Today I made a delicious smelling Corn and Potato chowder, for which I will post the recipe and photos shortly.

I hope everyone a great Holiday Season and all the best for 2012!!!

Comments

Elizabeth said…
Crikey, how big was your turkey???! :)