14 Day Meal Plan - October 14 - 27, 2011

My meal plan for this two week period is based around using up frozen leftovers and other things that I have in my freezer. I really didn't need to go shopping for a lot of protein this week because when I took inventory of what I already had - I found that I could easily feed my family for about 9 days. This is with the exception of fresh produce and dairy of course.

Last week, because of Thanksgiving, we found ourselves eating leftovers for 3 days. That was before I stripped the carcass to make my Turkey Stock.


I was left with a lot of the meals I had planned to have in our previous meal plan - in case you were wondering why some of these meals seem to be duplicates.


At the bottom of this post I will provide you with links to some of the recipes I am listing in the plan for this period.







14 Day Meal Plan




1. Turkey Soup - Made with leftover Thanksgiving turkey and homemade turkey stock


2. Frozen Pizza - Store bought on sale for those night when the meal plan goes out the window!

3. Baked Pork Chops w/ Apple Stuffing - Oven baked pork chops, butterflied and stuffed with an apple stuffing.


4. Waffles - At the request of my children. Waffle Iron made. Chocolate chips, whipped cream, syrup, and fresh berries.


5. Shepherd's Pie - Made with leftover frozen mashed potatoes from Thanksgiving. With homemade Bread Sticks.


6. Sweet & Sour Chicken - Breaded chicken with a sweet & sour sauce and a vegetable lo mein.


7. Pork Souvlaki on a Pita - Marinate pork with greek seasoning, olive oil & garlic, served on a pita with cous cous.


8. Oven Baked Tilapia - Breaded lightly with fine bread crumbs, parmesan and italian seasonings.


9. Savoury Garlic Roast Beef - Slow cooked, studded with garlic served with roasted root vegetables and gravy.


10. Taco's - At the request of my children. Served with all the fixin's


11. Shredded Roast Beef Panini's - Leftover roast beef with cheese and caramelized onions. Served with Au Jus.


12. Chili Cheese Fries and Nachos - Nachos made with leftover pitas and tortillas. Homemade fries. Chili and Cheese.

13. Turkey Pot Pie - Chopped turkey, potatoes and vegetables in a creamy turkey gravy. Topped with puff pastry rounds.


14. Beer Battered Fish and Homemade Onion Rings - Battered Tilapia fillets and battered onion rings. Deep fried.




Click below on the underlined recipe description for a link directly to it's page on my Blog.


Turkey/Chicken Pot Pies

Homemade Bread Sticks

Savoury Garlic Pot Roast

Pork Chops with Apple Stuffing

Comments

MGM Resorts International's $3.7 billion acquisition of Encore Boston
MGM Resorts 논산 출장마사지 International, a global entertainment and gaming company, 청주 출장마사지 has 제주도 출장마사지 announced a 안산 출장샵 $3.7 billion acquisition of 진주 출장마사지 the