My Family Meal Plan - September 16-29, 2011




Keeping on the topic of Meal Planning Madness, I would like to share my meal plan for our current pay-period. As I had previously mentioned, I shop bi-weekly and plan our meals in 2 week blocks. I do not follow a particular order, and my meal ideas are "basic" and I almost always add a few extra twists to make it unique every time.

I have discovered over time that you do not have to follow a recipe exactly. I make substitutions, and omissions based on what my family likes and doesn't like. My 6 year old Nikolas - his tastes change weekly. Just this week he decided that he LIKES eggs now - after 5+ years of making eggs every which way imaginable. He also has a new found appreciation for Tacos!! (the soft kind only however) I am excited to share my meals with you all.




14 Day Meal Plan

  1. "Breakfast" for Dinner - Scrambled Eggs w/ cheese, home fries, peameal bacon, maple bacon, crumpets.
  2. Burrito Bake - Soft Burritos with rice, cheese, peppers and onions. Smothered in salsa and cheese and baked in a dish.
  3. Beef Stew w Dumplings - Beef cubes, broth and seasonings. Tons of fresh veggies and potatoes. Topped with dumplings.
  4. Sweet & Sour Chicken w/ Vegetable Lo Mein - battered chicken in a S&S sauce, Lo Mein noodles and veggies.
  5. Pizza - Homemade dough, topped with a plethora of fresh veggies, different cuts of meat and sauce. Yum.
  6. Perogie Poutine - Sauteed bacon, mushrooms and onions. Served over cooked perogies smothered in gravy and cheese.
  7. Souvlaki - Marinated Greek style boneless pork, served with rice/sausage stuffed peppers, and grilled tomatoes.
  8. Pork Loin Roast - in a mustard rub, wrapped in bacon, w/ scalloped potatoes, acorn squash w/ butter, brown sugar.
  9. Chocolate Chip Waffles - Pancake Mix combined with chocolate chips, pressed in Waffle maker. Whipped cream to top.
  10. Stuffed Meatloaf - Ham and cheese stuffed meatloaf with roasted potatoes and a veggie.
  11. Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese - Cheddar cheese soup, TONS of cheese, sour cream, cream cheese and macaroni! Mmm.
  12. Meatballs & Sauce - Veggie laden sauce with super juicy meatballs served over fresh pasta. Topped with Parmesan.
  13. Meatball Subs - (leftover meatballs) Served on toasted buns with shredded cheese and fresh veggie toppings.
  14. Tacos - Hard and soft shells, with lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheddar, salsa and sour cream!


    Comments